Do automated health monitors give you a tough time? Do you prefer doing everything manually? Well, then Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer would be the perfect choice for you when it comes to measuring blood pressure. It is the manual BP Machine with guaranteed accuracy and reliability.
How is Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer?
It is a reliable, accurate, portable yet manual blood pressure monitor. Even without the features of automated blood pressure monitors, it fares well and works brilliantly. The durability and accuracy of the product is something you can swear by. You can keep your heart health on track with the Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer.
How to Use Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer?
Relax and choose a comfortable position to sit. The arm you are going to measure your BP with must be kept at the heart level. Keep your palm facing upward and let your arm be supported on a flat surface. Remove clothing from your upper arm. Now, wrap the cuff at least 2 cm above your elbow. Secure it properly with the help of velcro. Slip two fingers into the cuff from the top portion to ensure it’s not too tight and skin pinching.
Now, place the stethoscope disc below the cuff. The face of the disc must be downwards and placed on the inner side of the cuffed arm. After that, insert the ear-pieces of the stethoscope. Hold the gauge in the palm of your cuffed hand. This enables you to see it clearly. Now, hold the inflating bulb in your other hand and pump it till the gauge goes above your usual systolic reading, say at least 30 points.
Now, stop squeezing and deflate the cuff by turning the valve. Allow the pressure to fall 2 millimetres per second while you’re listening to your heartbeats. The reading when you first hear your heartbeat is your systolic pressure. Note that. Similarly, you must note when you don’t hear the heart sounds anymore. Your diastolic pressure is reflected then. Now, relax and wait for a minute before you redo the process. Note down your readings for your benefit.
Things to Take Care when Using Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
- Do not indulge in self-diagnosis. Use the manual BP monitor only for monitoring purposes. However, if your readings are consistently high, visit a physician.
- Proper handling of the device is necessary in order to keep it in working condition.
- People with poor vision or are hearing-impaired must not use the device.
- This sphygmomanometer shall be used with a stethoscope.
- Choose a comfortable and quiet place in order to take a reading.
- Sit still. Do not talk while you’re measuring your blood pressure.
- Do not drink, smoke, exercise or bathe 30 minutes before taking a reading.
- No liquid must ever enter inside the sphygmomanometer.
- Keep the device clean at all times using a cotton cloth.
- Do not use the Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer if your arm is injured or under treatment.
- The inflation bulb needs to be squeezed in order to measure your blood pressure. People who find difficulty in doing so must not use the device.
Frequently Asked Questions on Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer
1. Do we need a stethoscope with the Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer?
Yes, you do. However, it is not included with the product. You have to buy it separately.
2. Is Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer durable enough?
Absolutely! The inflation bulb, the cuff and valve are resistant to all types of damage and do not wear off easily. It is one of the most durable blood pressure monitors out there.
3. Can I measure blood pressure myself with Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer?
Yes, you can. However, you need to follow the instructions well enough to get the readings accurately.
4. Does Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer have a warranty period?
Yes, the Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer comes with a one year warranty.
5. Is Santamedical Manual Aneroid Sphygmomanometer beneficial for medical students?
Indeed! Manual BP machines are the most preferred by medical professionals and students as well.