Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit brings you the talking glucometer which assists you in monitoring your blood glucose levels. The kit has almost everything you would need for a blood sugar test at home. With the Prodigy Autocode talking glucometer, you will get accurate results and hence, you will be able to focus on your diabetes care and treatment in a better way.
Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit Review
How is Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit?
The complete kit for efficient and reliable blood sugar tests at home – that’s what the Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit is all about. It includes this amazing talking glucometer which not only allows you to view your results on the screen but also lets you hear it. An ample number of Prodigy test strips, lancets and lancing device from OWell and the carrying pouch show that the diabetes test kit is all-inclusive.
Purchase the Prodigy blood glucose meter that comes in this diabetes test kit from OWell and let your diabetes care be on top of your game.
How to Use Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit?
In this diabetes test kit, you get the Prodigy test strips which require no coding for the blood sugar test. Hence, testing your glucose levels using the Prodigy Autocode talking glucometer, is way simpler than you can imagine.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap. Rinse and dry them completely.
- Take a lancet and insert it into the lancing device firmly. Adjust the depth setting. Choose a smaller number if you’re new to blood sugar tests at home.
- Now, take one of the Prodigy test strips and insert it into the meter. The talking glucometer will then automatically turn on. Once the Prodigy blood glucose meter is ready, you can puncture the test site with the lancing device.
- Allow a small drop of blood to form at the site and then apply it to the test strip. Wait for a few seconds.
- The Prodigy Autocode meter will then show the results. It will automatically store them as well.
- Now, after the blood sugar test, remove the test strip and lancet and discard them.
With these few simple steps, your blood sugar test with the Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit will be complete.
Diabetes Care – Is a Non-Vegetarian Diet Good for Diabetes Patients?
People with diabetes, especially the ones who are non-vegetarian, think they will have to stick to a strict vegetarian diabetic diet in order to keep their blood sugar levels under control. But that is certainly not true. Diabetic patients can have non-vegetarian food if they follow the right diabetic diet. After all, diabetes care is all about doing what’s right for your body, isn’t it? Watch how you can add non-vegetarian items into your diet and stay healthy:
Things to Take Care when Using Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit
- Never take a blood sugar test at home with unclean hands. You must thoroughly clean and dry them before you begin.
- The Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit should not be stored where there is too much heat or cold. Hence, store it in a safe place at a room temperature.
- The Prodigy Autocode Meter kit contains small and sharp parts which might injure your kids or pets. Keep the kit away from them.
- Do not damage the Prodigy test strips in any way. Never keep them exposed and unused, out of the vial, for an extended period of time.
- Keep the talking glucometer and lancing device away from water and all other kinds of liquid.
- Do not use the test strips or lancets again and again. That will give you inaccurate results and might be hazardous as well.
Frequently Asked Questions on Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit
1. Why is the Prodigy blood glucose meter known as the talking glucometer?
The Prodigy Autocode meter allows you to hear and see the blood glucose results. It can speak to you in different languages saved on the meter. Hence, it is also known as the talking glucometer.
2. Is the Prodigy control solution available in the kit?
No, you need to buy the control solution separately. It isn't available in this diabetes test kit.
3. Do you get a lancing device in the Prodigy Autocode Diabetes Test Kit? Is it from Prodigy?
Yes, there is a lancing device included in the kit. However, since the kit is supplied by OWell, the lancing device isn't from Prodigy. You get the OWell lancing device along with the Prodigy Autocode meter and Prodigy test strips.
4. How many results can the Prodigy blood glucose meter save?
This talking glucometer can save up to 450 blood glucose test results.
5. Can you transfer the results stored on the blood glucose meter to any other device?
Yes, you can. The Prodigy Autocode meter comes with the USB port facility. So, you can transfer the data to any other device. However, the USB cable isn't included in the kit. You need to purchase one separately.