One Touch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System is the unique solution to keeping a check on your blood glucose levels on a regular basis. It is extremely simple to use, fast, gentle and accurate as well. The One Touch glucometer will help you manage your diabetes effortlessly.
How is One Touch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System?
If you’re looking for a unique solution to the problem of measuring your blood sugar levels at home, One Touch glucometer is exactly what you need. With this blood glucose monitor, your diabetes care will always be covered. Within a short period of time, it will display your results and automatically store them for you.
Your One Touch Ultra 2 is here to provide you with the fastest, easiest, most gentle and efficient blood glucose tests. It will be the go-to health monitor for all the diabetic patients. Bring the One Touch Ultra 2 Kit home for a healthier diabetes life!
How to Use One Touch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System?
Follow the instructions carefully in order to perform the blood glucose test at home using this blood glucose monitor. It is simple and requires only a few steps.
- Wash your hands with warm water before you begin the test and let it dry completely.
- Remove the cap off the lancing device and insert one of the sterile One Touch Ultra 2 lancets.
- Now, adjust the depth setting. Smaller numbers indicate smaller punctures. Hence, choose according to your preference.
- Slide back the control on the lancing device until it makes a clicking sound.
- After that, insert one of the One Touch Ultra 2 test strips into the glucometer to turn it on. You’ll notice an apply blood symbol.
- After that, hold the lancing device firmly and press the release button to prick the test site. Squeeze the test site to form a small drop of blood.
- Now, apply the drop of blood on the narrow channel provided on the test strip. Make sure you line it perfectly. Let the confirmation window fill fully.
- Once done, wait for your results. After 5 seconds, the One Touch Glucometer will display your results along with the date and time of the blood glucose test. Your results are automatically saved.
- After the blood sugar test, discard the used lancet and test strip. And you’re done!
Diabetes Care – What Not to Eat if Your Blood Sugar Levels are High?
The diabetic diet is one of the most important concerns under diabetes care, treatment and management. People whose blood sugar levels are high must take proper care to eat only the healthy food items and refrain themselves from foods that do them no good. Here is a list of food items that people with diabetes must avoid:
Things to Take Care when Using One Touch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- Conduct the blood sugar tests only when your hands are clean and dry.
- Store the One Touch Ultra 2 Kit in a cool and dry place. Keep each of the products away from sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Check the expiration dates of the products, especially the One Touch Ultra 2 test strips and control solution. Do not use them after their expiration dates.
- Keep the entire diabetes test kit away from children and pets. It contains small and sharp parts which might cause choking hazards or injuries.
- Keep the One Touch glucometer and lancing device clean at all times. Do not let any kind of liquid get inside them.
- Discard the test strips and lancets after a single use. Reusing them can be hazardous.
Frequently Asked Questions on One Touch Ultra 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring System
1. Does the One Touch Glucometer feature no coding technology?
No, with the One Touch Ultra 2, you need to code. You need to calibrate the blood glucose monitor with the One Touch Ultra 2 test strips with the help of code numbers. That way, you will be able to obtain accurate blood sugar test results.
2. Does the One Touch Ultra 2 operate on battery?
Yes, it needs two lithium batteries to work. The batteries are included in the package.
3. How to turn on the backlight of the One Touch glucometer?
When your One Touch Ultra 2 is on, long press the OK button for 2 seconds. The backlight will turn on. You can turn it off the same way.
4. Can One Touch Ultra 2 store your results?
Yes, your One Touch glucometer can store 500 blood glucose test results.
5. How many One Touch Ultra 2 Test Strips are packed in the One Touch Ultra 2 Kit?
You’ll find 10 One Touch Ultra 2 test strips in the package. You can purchase more test strips separately. They’re easily available on Amazon.