ProsProtect the skin from sun damage.
Fades away the acne scars.
Two in One formula.
SPF 30 prevents tanning and sunburn.
Blends in the skin very easily.
ConsSide effects are possible.
Redness and rashes may become visible.
May not suit every skin type.
Not for internal use.
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 Ingredients
- Glycerin for whitening – For nourishment and fading the scars, glycerin is a miracle done on face. Helps to get rid of breakouts, acne & supple skin.
- Shea Butter for repairment of skin – Properties present in shea butter are effective in treating acne & related problems like blemishes.Thee fatty acids are soluble and do not create foam like soap.
- Skin Hydration with Ceramide 3 – The hydration and skin penetration is increased a lot with the use of Ceramides 3. The composition of Ceramide 3 in Mederma Cream enhances the water content on our skin.
- Oxybenzone – One of the most effective sunscreen ingredients is Oxybenzone. It protects our skin from harmful UV radiations. Oxybenzone absorbs into our skin very easily.
- Cepalin – A substance that helps in decreasing inflammation and acne swelling is Cepalin. Cepalin is an active ingredient of Mederma Scar Cream plus SPF 30. It creates a barrier to the production of scar tissue. It is helpful in fading scars and improving the overall structure of the face.
- Ethylparaben – Ethylparaben is an ingredient or preservative helpful to treat dry skin problems. It reduces acne scars and spots on our face through essential oils like primrose oil & eucalyptus. Used in a small percentage, it does not harm our skin.
- SPF 30 – SPF 30 or Sun Protection Factor is an active ingredient of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30. It helps to protect our skin from UVB exposure. Acne scars fade away if they are not exposed to the sun. SPF 30 helps us in achieving that.
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 Benefits
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 is one such cream which is enriched with 2-in-1 formula. here are some of the benefits of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30.
- Reduces acne scars – One of the best creams till now for reducing the scars or acne scars. It helps in reduction of spots making skin clean and spotless.
- Enriched with SPF 30 – Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 is composed of many ingredients including SPF 30. It helps in protection from UVB rays. The inner layer is protected with the help of effective formula of SPF 30.
- Composed of Active ingredients – Ingredients like Oxybenzone, Cepalin, Ceramide 3, ethylparaben, and glycerin helps in decreasing the visibility of acne scars. It also fights other skin problems as well.
- Heals every type of scars – Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 helps to heal every type of scars whether they are surgery marks, burns, cuts, or keloid scars. The powerful ingredients of this cream reduce the scar efficaciously.
- Can be used as a Sunscreen – With the enrichment of SPF 30, Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 can be used as a sunscreen as well. Application before heading out in sun can really protect the skin to a great extent.
- Works well for dry skin – People who bear dry skin usually develop red spots and acne scars due to the direct heat of the sun on their face. Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 is best for people with dry skin. It works great on their skin.
- Countless benefits of Glycerin – Glycerin has numerous benefits & this is the reason why it is included as one of the ingredients of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30. Glycerin is very good for our skin makes it healthier day by day.
How to use Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 for old and new acne scars?
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 can be used in two ways. People can use it either as their scar removal cream or as a sunscreen.
- To use Mederma Scar Removal Cream as a medium to reduce acne scars, then gently massage it on the troubled areas.
- The cream should be evenly applied on to the scars on a daily basis and at least three times a day.
- If the acne scar is new or has appeared some time ago then apply Mederma Scar Cream Plus 30 on the acne scars for at least 8 weeks.
- For the old acne scars, Mederma scar Removal cream must be applied on for at least 2-3 months regularly. The regularity must be maintained to observe instant results.
- To use Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 as a sunscreen, follow the steps below –
- Apply it evenly to the face and neck area. Never miss the portion behind your ears.
- Apply Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 at least 15 minutes before leaving the place & heading out in sun.
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 Side-Effects
There are some major side effects of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30. It is not suitable for every skin type. People who have used this product and found that –
- The skin may emerge as an irritation spot if the cream is applied more than required.
- Redness may stay on in the skin for a long time if it doesn’t suit you.
- The stickiness of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 may cause pimples to emerge.
- Scars may fade away but acne can grab the area of your face.
- Not at all for people with super sensitive skin.
- Cystic acne is seen on face due to ingredients like Cepalin.
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 – Precautions – Things to Keep In Mind
There are few things which must be kept in mind before applying Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30.
- The cream is only for external use only and not at all for internal use.
- Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 must not be applied to open wounds which bleed any time.
- The acne scar removal cream is not for private parts or vaginal area. Do not apply it on such parts.
- Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 must be avoided to apply on pimples filled with pus in them.
- Injuries with pus can result in major infection on the entire area, so never apply this cream to heal such wounds.
- The acne scar removal cream must be applied at night time preferably to avoid any nuisance.
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 – Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 works for old acne scars & marks?
A: Yes, it does. Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 is enriched with such ingredients which are really helpful in reducing the old acne scars and marks. However, it may take time more than expected like 2-3 months or even 4 months. But, it does help in removing old acne scars.
Q: What type of scars can be effectively removed with the help of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30?
A: Almost every type of scars or acne scars can be removed with the help of Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30. Acne scars, burn marks and surgery scars can be reduced with the help of this acne scar removal cream.
Q: How does the ingredient SPF 30 makes a difference in this acne scar removal cream?
A: SPF 30 is one of the ingredients which makes a lot of difference in the effectiveness of this acne scar removal cream. SPF 30 helps in protecting our face and acne scars from harmful UV radiations. The best thing is that when acne scars are not exposed to the sun, they do not increase. Therefore, it is very important for us to protect our face from the sun and SPF 30 does this job very well.
Q: What is the right time to apply Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 on acne scars?
A: If you want better results for reducing the visibility of acne scars, then the right time to apply Mederma Scar Crem Plus SPF 30 is the night time. Before, going to sleep apply the acne scar removal cream on the troubled areas and let it sit overnight. Results will be visible if applied at night.
Q: Is there any natural remedy for reducing acne scars?
A: Yes, there are so many natural and 100% effective remedies to get rid of acne scars & other marks and spots. One of the famous natural remedies includes the sandalwood powder mixed with rose water and lemon juice. It works well and reduces acne scars to a great extent.