Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter is one of the best blood glucose meters for people with diabetes. It is one of the essential devices that will help you keep your blood sugar under control. Hence, your diabetic life will be pretty easier and you’ll feel like living a better life.
How is Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter?
The Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite is one of the simplest glucometers available out there. It makes managing your blood sugar levels at home easier than ever. Keeping an eye on your health is a priority and the Freestyle Lite meter understands that. It gives you accurate results in no time and simplifies your diabetic life.
You need to use the Abbott Freestyle Lite test strips only for the best results. It also doesn’t require any coding which makes the operation of the glucometer way easier and faster. Hence, switching to the Freestyle Lite seems the better plan!
How to Use Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter?
To begin with, wash your hands with warm water and clean it thoroughly. After that, dry it completely. Now, you need to prepare the lancing device. Remove the top cap of the lancing device and insert the lancet in it firmly. Replace the cap of the lancing device. Adjust the depth and button on it.
Now, take the Freestyle Lite test strips and remove one from the vial. Close the vial firmly after that. Insert the test strip into the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter. It will automatically turn on. You’ll notice the blood drop and test strip symbol on it. You can now apply the drop of blood onto it. Use the lancing device, press the release button and collect a drop of blood from the test site.
Apply the drop of blood onto the Abbott Freestyle Lite test strips inserted into the blood sugar monitor. Hold it until you see clockwise lines appearing on the Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter. After a gap of 5 seconds, your results will finally be displayed on the screen. Remove the used test strip and lancet and discard them. Your results are now stored and the test is done.
Diabetes Care – Taking Care of Your Feet is Essential if You have Diabetes
If you’re someone with diabetes, you know how important it is to take care of your feet. Well, we bring you simple tips that will help you in doing so:
Furthermore, for a better diabetic life, bring home the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter. It will keep things sorted, always! 🙂
Things to Take Care when Using Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter
- Clean and dry your hands completely before every blood glucose test.
- Using the Freestyle Lite test strips and lancets again are hazardous and might give inaccurate results. Discard them after the test.
- Store the Abbott Freestyle Lite meter and the other products in room temperature. Do not expose them to extreme temperatures.
- Make sure no liquid goes into the lancing device or the glucometer.
- Do not keep the Freestyle Lite test strips out of the vial, unused, for a long period of time. Moreover, do not bend them.
- Keep the products of this diabetes test kit away from kids and pets.
- Use the Freestyle Lite test strips only with the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter.
Frequently Asked Questions on Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter
1. Does the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite possess the alarm reminder feature?
Yes, it does. It includes the 4 alarm reminder feature that will remind you to take the blood glucose tests.
2. What size of the blood sample is required for the blood sugar tests with the Abbott Freestyle Lite?
A tiny drop of blood sized 0.3 microliters is enough for the blood glucose tests with this blood glucose monitor. The Freestyle Lite test strips also give you the facility of applying the second drop of blood within 60 seconds, in case the first drop of blood isn't sufficient. This way, the Freestyle Freedom Lite glucometer helps to avoid wastage of test strips.
3. Does the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite store the results?
Yes, it does. It can store up to 400 blood sugar test results.
4. Is the Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite packed with the averaging feature?
Indeed. It features 7, 14 and 30-day averaging functionality.
5. Does this Blood Glucose Monitoring System come with Freestyle Lite test strips?
No, you need to purchase the test strips separately.