If you’re someone with diabetic problems, you would know how important it is to keep an eye on your blood sugar levels. For this purpose, Slight Touch brings you the Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit which comes with all necessary pieces of equipment required for blood glucose test at home. With quick results and no coding technology, it is an extremely reliable blood glucose monitor kit.
How is Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit?
The Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit is a comprehensive pack of all necessary equipments required for a blood sugar test at home. It includes the Bayer Contour Next meter and test strips which are extremely reliable and provide fast and accurate results. The lancing device, alcohol prep pads and lancets add to the convenience. You can monitor your blood glucose levels easily with this complete diabetes test kit.
How to Use Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit?
You need to follow certain instructions to test your blood sugar levels with this blood glucose monitor. The steps are as follows:
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Turn on the Contour Next meter.
- Insert a Slight Touch lancet into its lancing device and adjust the level according to your preference.
- Now, insert one of the Contour Next test strips into the blood sugar monitor.
- Take one alcohol pad and rub it on the area you’re going to prick to sterilize it.
- After that, prick your finger using the lancing device. Collect a drop of blood and immediately apply it onto the test strip.
- Wait for 5 seconds. You’ll get the results on the Contour Next meter after that.
- Once done, remove the test strip from the blood glucose monitor and the lancet from the lancing device and dispose of them.
Useful Tips for a Healthier Diabetes Life – Fight Diabetes
Apart from monitoring your blood sugar levels, what can you do to maintain a healthier life even after having diabetes? Here are some useful tips for you to follow:
Things to Take Care when Using Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit
- Before taking the blood sugar test, ensure your hands are clean.
- Remove the lancets from the lancing device after a blood glucose test. Do not store or reuse them.
- You must dispose of the Contour Next test strips after you’re done using it.
- Choose the level on the lancing device only according to the depth you want it to prick your finger. The higher the number, deeper it will prick. Hence, choose the level accordingly.
- Store the Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit in a proper and safe place.
Frequently Asked Questions on Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit
1. How to insert the lancet into the lancing device?
To use the Contour Next Blood Glucose Test Kit properly, you must learn how to insert the lancets into the lancing device. Firstly, remove the end cap of the lancing device and put the lancet in it. After that, remove the cap of the lancet and put the end cap of the lancing device back on. And you're good to go.
2. What is the use of the Contour Next Control Solution?
The solution contains glucose which is used on the test strips instead of the drop of blood in order to check the accuracy of the blood glucose monitor.
3. Are the test strips in this blood glucose kit from Bayer Contour Next?
Yes, they are. You get a total of 100 Contour Next test strips with this diabetes test kit.
4. Can you collect the drop of blood from anywhere else other than your finger?
Well, the lancing device does allow you to collect blood from alternate sites other than your finger.