When it comes to leading a healthier diabetes life, maintaining a check on your blood glucose levels is a must. And, Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter is one of the best blood sugar monitors for the purpose. It comes with an entire kit including the Ascensia Contour meter, lancets, lancing device and Bayer Contour Next test strips. Hence, controlling your blood glucose levels has now become easier due to the availability of this blood glucose monitor.
How is Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter?
Known as the simply better Bayer Contour meter, it is an ideal equipment that people with abnormal blood sugar levels must own. With its no coding technology, travel-friendliness, advanced controls and accuracy, your health care will always be covered. Moreover, it comes with an entire kit for your convenience and hence, this Ascensia Contour meter just cannot go wrong in any way!
Guaranteed quick results and simplicity of use are some more advantages that you can enjoy with this Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitor. Furthermore, as Bayer Contour Next is one of the most trusted brands, the reliability of this device will never be compromised. It is a must-buy for all diabetic patients.
How to Use Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter?
Using this Bayer Contour Next meter is extremely easy. You just need to follow the instructions in the manual. Within seconds, you will be able to view your results.
- Clean your hands before you begin the test with this blood glucose monitor.
- Now, turn on the Bayer Contour meter.
- Take a lancet and insert it into the Bayer Contour Microlet 2 Lancing device this Ascensia Contour meter comes with. Adjust the level of depth you want the lancet to prick your finger. Higher the number, deeper it will prick.
- You can then insert a test strip into the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter. Make sure you use the Bayer Contour Next test strips only for the best results.
- Once done, prick the chosen test area and collect the drop of blood on the test strip and wait for the results.
- After a gap of 5 seconds, your results will be displayed on the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter.
- Now, remove the test strip from the blood sugar monitor and dispose of it. Do the same with the lancet.
Diabetes Health Care – What to Eat to Keep Your Blood Sugar Level Under Control?
Diet plan is an important task under diabetes health care. There are certain foods that will help you manage your blood glucose levels. Take a look at them:
Moreover, keep a blood sugar monitor like the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitor always at your service. Fight diabetes!
Things to Take Care when Using Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter
- Take the blood glucose tests only when your hands are clean.
- Do not reuse test strips or lancets with this Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter.
- Store the Bayer Contour meter in a dry and cool area.
- Do not expose the Bayer Contour Next meter to direct sunlight.
- You must not use the products in the kit that come with the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter after their expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter
1. Can you use different test strips with the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter?
For best results, it is recommended to use the Bayer Contour Next test strips only.
2. How many test strips are available with this Ascensia Contour meter?
You get 10 Bayer Contour Next test strips with this blood glucose monitor. You can always buy more separately. However, if you want a kit with more number of test strips, you can opt for the Contour Next Diabetes Test Kit.
3. Is the lancing device suitable for collecting blood from alternative sites?
Absolutely! You can collect blood from your forearm as well. For this purpose, this Bayer Contour meter comes with an Alternative Site Endcap.
4. Is the Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitor accurate?
Indeed it is. It is one of the most trusted and reliable blood glucose monitors.
5. Can the test strips be used after their expiration date?
Well, it is recommended to not use these products after their expiration date as they will give you inaccurate results.