Best Orthopaedic Mattress in India Sitemap for Dear Visitors
15 Minutes (At Avg. 250 words/minute reading speed)
Your Mattress Matters
5 Quick Tips to Manage Stress
Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
Wakefit : 0988833 33123
SleepyCat: 092054 77478
Sleepyhead: 080619 33764
SpringTek: 097200 48000
11 Questions (To the Point Answers)
Suffering from Back Pain or Spondylitis? An orthopaedic mattress might be more valuable than you think for your lower back pain and neck pain.
No Free Trial
Gel Memory Foam
Diwan Size Not Available
100 Nights Trial
Pillows Not Included
High Guage Steel Coils
Not Hyped Enough
Soft Knitted Cover
No Trial Period
Why do you need one of the best orthopaedic mattress in India?
If you are suffering from any of the following body-ache problems, then your doctor or medical consultant might have already suggested you to sleep on an orthopaedic mattress.
- Lower Back Pain
- Upper Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Strain
Buying a cheap mattress that doesn’t give you a well relaxing sleep, will only worsen the situation for your body.
Eventually, it develops into chronic pain and sometimes even a surgery is required.
Orthopaedic Mattress vs Memory Foam (Gel) Mattress vs Coir Mattress – Choosing the Perfect Mattress for Lower Back Pain
Orthopaedic Mattress: Best overall mattress with high durability and highly comfortable for everyone, but costliest of the bunch. It comes in memory foam, gel memory foam and 5 to 7 layer of different materials as well.
Memory Foam Mattress: Best for winter/cold regions as memory foam layer gets hot. Highly durable as well and amazing for people who are physically active.
Coir Mattress: Cheapest mattress in India as it has coconut coir in it. Well known in India for providing cool comfort and has been in use as floor mat for ages.
Gel Memory Foam Mattress: Gel memory foam is manufactured to pass through as much heat as possible from the bedding side to outer layers of the mattress.
Thus, keeping your body cool throughout the night. This type of mattress is perfect for warm to normal regions in India.
List of 5 Best Orthopaedic Mattress in India 2019 – Most Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide – Best Sleeping Position Infographics
Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress – Top Rated & Cheapest Orthopaedic Mattress in India (Wakefit)
Wakefit is one of the most reliable mattress brands in India. They have several types of mattress types and budget ranges.
Their orthopaedic lineup is currently the most cost efficient choice if you are facing lower back pain issues and have a tight budget; and still want to have the best orthopaedic mattress in India.
Let’s take a quick look at the features:
- Wakefit Orthopaedic memory foam mattress lineup supports size range from 72x36x5 inch to 84x72x6 inch.
- In simple terms, from Single Bed to King Size as well as Diwan size of 75x48x5 inch.
- The mattress is shipped directly from factory.
- No cost of middleman…that’s the secret of their extremely low price.
- High quality memory foam that adjusts to your shape of body.
- Breathable fabric to keep odours to a minimum.
- 5 – Layered structure – From the top:
- Breathable Fabric
- Cool Foam
- Next Generation Memory Foam
- Transition Layer
- High Resilience (durable) Support Foam
- Mattress feel is medium firm which is what the doctors recommend for lower back pain sufferers. Neither too soft nor too hard.
- Comes with removal cover that is both hand and machine washable (cold water).
Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress Pros and Cons:
SleepyCat – Orthopaedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress – Cheapest Gel Memory Foam Mattress in India (Sleepycat)
SleepyCat orthopaedic gel memory foam mattress is currently the reigning champion in orthopedic mattress in India when it comes to ‘gel memory foam’ type mattresses.
They offer some bold claims and live up to them as well.
Here are the features that SleepyCat mattress offers:
- Free trial of 30 Days with Full Refund (if the foam either gets dents or the gel foam doesn’t stay cooler).
- Warranty period of 10 years (much like competing mattress manufactures in India).
- Zero partner disturbance – place a glass of water and try to spill it without cheating. 😊
- Anti-Microbial Washable Cover with Zipper– Bed bugs like mites will be least of your concerns (but do clean the cover and mattress in due time).
- Bed size supported by SleepyCat ranges from 72x36x6 inch (Single Bed) to 78x72x8 inch (King Size).
- Gel foam size varies like this:
- In 6 inch height size – 1 Inch Gel Foam and 5 Inch high density support foam.
- In 8 inch height size – 2 Inch Gel Foam and 6 Inch support foam of high density.
SleepyCat Orthopaedic Mattress with Gel Memory foam Pros and Cons:
Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress – 100 Nights Trial with 10 Years Warranty (Mysleepyhead)
Sleepyhead orthopaedic mattress is perfect mattress for those who have trouble believing on online shopping.
The materials and layering is nearly same as other competing orthopaedic mattress in India and that’s why it excels with the duration of trial period.
It’s a whopping 100-nights! I know that it’s a lot because you don’t need 100 nights to figure out if a mattress is comfortable for you or not. But if you suffering from chronic lower back pain then it certainly gives you a piece of mind. Because if it doesn’t work the way you thought it would, you can return it for a full refund.
The mattress ranges from 72x36x6 inch (Single bed size) to 78x72x8 inch (King Size), much like its competitors. But it falls short on King+ Size that you have in Wakefit orthopaedic mattress (84x72x6 inch).
But in Sleepyhead 3’s defense, it does offer 2 inches of extra comfort foam above 2 inches of memory foam and 4 inches of support foam, total thickness become 8 inches in comparison to 6 inches of Wakefit.
But if you don’t like 8 inches of thickness, then you do get the option to choose 6 inches of thickness in every size (single, queen, king).
Additionally, the price of single bed size is highly affordable. So, you don’t have to think twice if you are purchasing it for single bed.
Let’s dive into the features of this orthopaedic mattress:
- Sleepyhead orthopaedic mattress has additional comfort foam for that cozy feeling.
- 3 Layered foam mattress – From the top
- Breathable soft fabric
- Comfort foam,
- Responsive memory foam
- High resilience support foam.
- Supports 6 inch and 8 inch variation in every size (single, queen and king).
- Comes with 100 night’s trial period (you’ll fall in love within a week though).
- Outer cover can be washed in cold/normal water.
- Firmness: Medium firm. Feels great if you have chronic lower back pain problem.
- It comes with 10 years of warranty (contact details are provided at the bottom).
- Best for light sleepers (it gives you a cozy, warm feeling that you get sitting snuggled in a blanket in cold winter by a fireplace.
- Vacuum packed in a tall box for easier carrying.
Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopaedic Mattress Pros and Cons:
Springtek Ortho Pocket Spring Orthopaedic Mattress – Best Rated Pocket Spring Mattress in India (Amazon Fullfilled)
Springtek Ortho pocket spring orthopaedic mattress is the only Amazon fulfilled mattress in our list of best orthopaedic mattress in India and quite possibly the most preferred mattress for lower back pain sufferers.
If you like the springy feeling of a mattress, then spring mattress should be your top choice. This mattress has heavy-gauge tempered steel coils, which basically means the steel coils will not rust due to moisture.
The steel coils make the mattress more durable than the competitors and that’s why Springtek is offering variable warranty periods based on thickness of the mattress.
Warranty variations are according to thickness as follows:
- 6 Inches – 6 Years
- 8 Inches – 8 Years
- 10 Inches – 10 Years
That’s right my mattress buyers, this mattress starts from 6 inches of thickness and goes up all the way to 10 inches.
Let’s talk layers – From the top layer:
- Premium Quilted Knitted top (it can’t get comfier than it)
- Quilted foam support
- Felt support
- Pocket spring system – tempered steel coils
The mattress is usable from both sides but the spring side will be much firmer than the quilted side. Again, it depends on your personal comfort.
Sprintek Ortho spring mattress is said to have gone through multiple quality assurance tests, 50+ (as advertised) and 60,000 cycles of durability tests.
Now, they can’t possibly test for every scenario but average scenarios like all sleep positions (mentioned in Best Sleeping Positions section of this article), kids jumping on the bed, pets rolling around the bed, couples, etc., must have been tested.
Could you please answer this question before proceeding further?
- What kind of pillow do you prefer or use for your neck pain?
Price range of this mattress is also very competitive against Wakefit, SleepyCat and Sleepyhead mattresses.
However, since people like memory foam and gel memory foam mattresses more, above mentioned mattress brands have been purchased significantly more times than this one.
Springtek Ortho Pocket Spring Orthopaedic Mattress Pros and Cons:
Springtek Aspire Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress – Most Affordable King Size Mattress in India (Springtek Mattress)
Springtek Aspire orthopaedic mattress comes at 5th place in our list of best orthopaedic mattress in India because it offers nearly same level of comfort, durability and features like its competitors.
Let’s take a look at this orthopaedic mattress’s features:
- Pressure – Relief – High density memory foam that adjusts to your body shape keeping your spine in straight line.
- Deep Comfort – Medium firm at the top and firm at the bottom, you can choose according to your comfort level.
- Comes with zipper cover that’s both hand and washing machine compatible.
- Both layers of foam are manufactured with microcell structure that keeps the mattress cool but not as cool as dedicated gel memory foam.
- Dust mite protection – you’ll never have itchy feeling when you go are sleeping but make sure to wash the cover regularly to keep your sleeping experience as hygienic as possible.
Thickness Variations (Don’t think that only Sprintek Spring Mattress is Thickest of Them All)
- Single Bed – 72x30x4 (x5, x6, x8) Inch
- Queen Size
- King Size
- King+ Size
Sprintek boasts thickness upto 14-inches but unfortunately, when you select it from the dropdown menu of sizes, it shows unavailable most of the time.
Sprintek should really look into that…if users are not buying those sizes or the company doesn’t have them, then they should remove them.
As far as competitive price ranges go…Sprintek Aspire has covered it well. So, it would’ve been great if they could offer some trial period as well to get the buyers on their good side.
Sprintek Aspire Orthopaedic Mattress Pros and Cons:
Best Orthopaedic Mattress in India 2019 – Most Comprehensive Guide for Lower Back Pain Sufferers
Should you buy Orthopaedic Mattress every time?
Here’s the thing, all mattresses are not equally comfortable because comfort depends on 3 main factors:
- Your body weight and strength.
- Your sleeping position and your current body ache issues.
- Your Age and stress levels.
I have been sleeping on a cotton mattress for a big part of my life, but as my age, weight and stress levels progressed, even the mattress type had to change.
Think about it…when you are completely exhausted, you lie down on the floor and have the most amazing sleep of your life.
But that’s not true with everyday situations…so let’s break down the 3 categories further:
Body weight and strength
- For Kids: Pick a softer mattress that hugs them like you do.
- For Adults (Age 20 to 45): Pick a double comfort mattress that’s firm on one side and soft on the other.
- For Seniors (Age 45 to 60): Pick Memory Foam mattress that will adjust to their body shape and pressure points to give them a relaxing sleep.
- For Super Seniors (Age 60 and Above): Pick only orthopaedic mattresses that has both the property of adjusting to shape of body and medium firmness that supports back, joints and neck.
Sleeping Position – There are 3 types of main sleeping positions.
- Back Sleeper
- Side Sleeper
- Stomach Sleeper
All the other sleeping positions are further extensions of these 3 sleeping positions like fetal, starfish, yearner, soldier, log, freefall, etc.
So, here’s a little mattress buying tip for the 3 main positions:
- Back Sleepers: Choose firm side of the mattress, whether it is coir, memory foam or hybrid mattress.
- Side Sleeper: Choose memory foam mattress and sleep on soft side.
- Stomach Sleeper: Choose gel/latex mattresses and sleep on soft side of the mattress – memory foam mattresses without gel foam layer become quite warm.
Age and stress levels – From carefree kids to worrying adults to carefree senior citizens.
- As explained above as well, age plays a role in strength and diet habits contribute to weight related choices.
- Stress levels are also a factor when it comes to sufficient and insufficient sleep. So, how to maintain healthy stress levels (not worrying is not possible, but right kind of worrying is)?
- Try to meditate 5 to 10 minutes daily.
- Focus on becoming better than what you were yesterday, not becoming better than others.
Accept the fact that life is not perfect and neither are you, but keep adding value into your own life and it will subsequently keep you relaxed enough to have a good night’s sleep.
Which Orthopaedic mattress is best for lower back pain?
Ans: Nearly all orthopaedic mattresses are identical because they function very much the same. They have a soft and firm side, a cool foam layer and a transition layer. However, it depends on other factors as well. Like your sleeping position, any other underlying cause of back pain, neck pain or joint pain, etc.
That’s why we have created this review and comparison article to compare the best orthopaedic mattresses currently available in India.
Which is the best mattress for back pain and neck pain?
Ans: For back pain you should choose firm side of the mattress and the same goes for neck pain sufferers as well. All modern mattresses come with memory foam or gel memory foam and everyone of them has a firmer side and a softer side.
So, for back pain you should sleep on the firmer side. Medically, doctors recommend spring based mattresses for chronic back pain, like Springtek Ortho Pocket Spring mattress in our list.
Are orthopaedic mattresses any good?
Ans: Yes, orthopaedic mattresses are very good. They keep your spine in straight line and give support to your shoulders, hips and legs because each one of them are at different height when lying down. This alleviates chronic pain in all those regions from your daily activities.
What is the difference between an orthopaedic mattress?
Ans: The main difference is the comfort level and durability. In comparison to traditional mattress, orthopaedic mattresses are designed especially to give support to your body’s varying structure. Most lower back pain sufferers don’t even realize that it might be time to change their sagging old mattress. The technology involved in it is always evolving to provide you with better sleep experience.
How do I choose an orthopaedic mattress?
Ans: First, you need to look at your own conditions. Especially, the mattresses should be in your budget. Minimum cost of an orthopaedic mattress is around Rs.7000/- for single bed size, which is roughly Rs.19/- per day in a year.
Typically, an orthopaedic mattress endures for around 6 years. That’s Rs.3.19/- per day for 6 years. We waste more than that on things that are harmful for body in a day. Hence, when you are going to choose an orthopaedic mattress, choose the one that supports your back and your budget.
Is orthopaedic mattress hard?
Ans: Orthopaedic mattresses have both sides. Hard (firm side) and soft (medium firm side). Some mattresses have extra layer of soft foam to make the medium firm side even comfier. Lower back pain sufferers should sleep on the firm side, but only if it actually feels comfortable through the whole night.
What’s the best type of mattress?
Ans: Best type of mattress are latex mattresses, but they are also the costliest. Latex mattresses have properties of memory foam mattress and gel foam mattress. Also, they are more durable than either of them.
Is orthopaedic mattress good for back pain?
Ans: As mentioned above, orthopaedic mattress is really good for back pain, both upper back pain and lower back pain, and other body ache related problems because our body does all of its repairing at night when we are in deep sleep.
So, if your back muscles are sore due to stressful work, then your body can only heal during the night if you are comfortable and in rem (rapid eye movement) sleep.
Which type of mattress is best for sleeping?
Ans: It is subjective. Because there is no type of mattress that’s perfect for everyone. Everyone sleeps differently and they have different notion of what feels comfortable. In addition to this, body weight and stress levels also play a major role in sleeping.
Please do checkout our buying guide that details the type of mattresses suitable for different body weight and sleeping position. Please also go through our best sleeping position infographics to learn whether you need improve your sleeping habits or not.
What is the best mattress for chronic pain?
Ans: For chronic pain, it is advisable to use a spring mattress. It has steel coils that adjust to your body shape accordingly. Currently, in India, there are few coil mattresses that have gained popularity.
Largely, due to less information about coil mattresses and their advantages, and the hype surrounding memory foam mattresses.
But make no mistake, memory foam mattresses essentially mimic the behavior of spring/coil mattresses to provide the necessary support for chronic pain like lower back pain, neck pain, joint pain, spondylitis, etc.
What mattresses do hotels use?
Ans: Hotels use a blend of hybrid mattress. They are multi-layered mattresses with coils, memory foam and gel foam for maximum support and comfort.
Additionally, hotels also use mattress toppers to increase the fluffiness of the mattress. Such hotel mattresses can cost from Rs.50,000/- to Rs.2,00,000/- (and even more for luxurious brands in 5-Star and 7-Star hotels).