Are you addicted to oily food … no worries … use one of the Best Air Fryers in India and eat on.
60d-C to 200d-C
80d-C to 200 d-C
80d-C to 200 d-C
80d-C to 200 d-C
80d-C to 200 d-C
What is an Air Fryer?
An Air Fryer is an electronic device used as kitchen appliance. You may call it as a best friend of the one who loves to cook oily food and eat it. This device is like a mini microwave, which emits hot air at a very high speed to cook the food evenly.
This hot air makes the upper layer of the food crispy without using any oil in a very less time with less effort. We can enjoy restaurant like food at home, what could be better than this. Here we are going to discuss about the Best Air Fryers in India.
Why Do We Need the Best Air Fryer?
An Air Fryer gives you a healthier option to cook delicious crispy and oil-free food without breaking the bank in the simplest manner possible .
- It lets you cook safely and healthily.
- These Air Fryers are easy to handle and clean.
- Even if your children want to cook, there is nothing to worry about.
- It is completely user friendly and time saving.
- There is no Oil needed, you can use it, if needed.
- It is ideal for frying vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- You can clean it easily.
- And yes, it looks stylish in the kitchen and gives it a luxurious look.
Best Air Fryers in India 2020 – Video
Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer works on a Rapid Air Technology, in which you can cook meal with little oil or no oil. It will give you that crispy-fried restaurant like food in less time, which makes it hands-down the best air fryer in India.
This air fryer supports 4 modes of cooking: frying, grilling, roasting and baking. The unit also has visual indication about temperature for different types of food, so if you are just starting out with a healthy life-style, using less oil in cooking, then it’s a perfect companion for you.
It has large 2.2 litre food basket, which is certainly enough for anything that you already cooking in a pan, kadhai or deep fryers. As a matter of fact, the food basket size is big enough to cook for 4 to 5 people at once.
The best thing about Philips air fryer is the cook-time. Even if you have some friends over, it won’t take hours to prepare nearly oil-free snacks and complete meals.
It offers hassle free operation as well because it doesn’t throw huge number of buttons at your face. It can be daunting for beginner home-chefs. 🙂 What if you are gifting an air fryer to your mother or father, in-laws or may be food loving grandparents (their age makes them easier target for oil related health issues like high cholesterol)?
We all know that nobody likes to push 100’s of buttons when they are in rush. A kitchen is already a battlefield, ask a mother of 2 (more means war) and you’ll see what I mean. So, Philips Viva HD9220 offers two dials.
One for temperature and one for timer. Both dials are quite sturdy and provide soft haptic feedback so that you’ll know that your preferred selection has been made and it’s good to go.
Now let us discuss about its pros and cons:-
- It makes cooking so fast and so easy.
- It keeps the food crispy from the outside and juicy from the inside.
- It lessens oil usage up to 80% than the conventional frying methods.
- You can fry, bake, grill and roast the food as well.
- Modernizes your kitchen as well as make it healthier.
Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer – Air Fryer lets you cook crunchy and delicious fried food effortlessly. It works on a powerful air frying technology and it also carries heating element inside at the top to cook the food. It’s also one of the best air fryers in India and comes from a very renowned brand, Kenstar.
I hope that you already have some products of Kenstar and know that you can trust this brand easily. It doesn’t look that elegant yet stylish in comparison to Philips HD9220, but you might like a touch of color in your kitchen. Cherry red color looks like you are a professional chef in the kitchen. 😀
A unique element of Kenstar Aster air fryer is its hidden handle at the top. It smoothly slides out at the top when you need to move the air fryer or carry it around…not that it is too bulky…it’s just another feature to make your kitchen experience more exciting.
If you are investing in the best air fryers in India, then it should have something unique, right? Well…stay tuned for Pros and cons.
Now let us discuss about its pros, cons and features:
- Power cord is 1.2 meters long.
- It has cool touch handle, so it is completely safe.
- It supports auto-off feature. You won’t need to worry about burning your dish if you have already set the timer and temperature right.
American Micronic Air Fryer has 50% larger food basket size, cooks 38% faster and saves 27% more energy than its previous generation. Since they are trying to establish themselves among Philips and Kenstar, they are offering better service and keeping up the quality of materials used in this air fryer.
American Micronic air fryer is listed at third position in our list of best air fryers in India but may soon surpass Kenstar Aster. The basket size is bigger at 3.5 Liters and it cooks fresh foods (veggies) faster and more evenly than Kenstar Aster.
It has turbotunnel fresh air technology which is just a fancy and technical way of saying ‘the kitchen won’t smell bad’ during and after cooking.
Now let us discuss about its pros, cons and features.
- It comes with built-In 30 minute timer.
- Easy to clean and handle.
- It has helpful indicator LED lights for power on and heating in process.
Prestige Air Fryer PAF 4.0 works on an Hot Air Circulation. It cooks quite rapidly and uses less oil much like rest of the air fryers in our list. So…what makes it different? Honestly, it features identical specs with respect to other air fryers. Proceed onwards to find why you will prefer this air fryer over others.
It has smaller food basket than Kenstar Aster and American Micronic, identical to Philips Viva HD9220. But it’s the lightest and the cheapest air fryer in our list of best air fryers in India. Hold on…you need to hear the pros and cons of Prestige PAF 4.0, you might find something up to your liking.
Now, let us discuss about its pros, cons and features:
- 2 knobs system for cooking timer and temperature.
- Very easy to carry at 5Kg.
- Fry, grill, roast and bake functions available.
- Food basket capacity: 2.2 L.
- Power – 1400 Watt
Inalsa Fry Light Air Fryer has the largest cooking pan at 4.2 Litres and non-stick food basket at 2.9 Litres. It supports smart rapid air technology. It’s also on the lighter side of other air fryers at 5.27 Kg like Prestige PAF 4.0 (5Kg). Other air fryers in our list of best air fryers in India range from 7 Kg to 7.5 Kg. Want to know what’s good and bad about Inalsa Fry Light?…. go ahead.
Now let us discuss about its pros, cons and features.
- Power – 1400 Watt.
- Cooking Pan capacity: 4.2 Litres, Non-Stick Food Basket capacity: 2.9 Litres.
- Smart rapid air technology.
- Sufficient for a family of 5.
- Auto-switch off function on basket removal.
- Overload protection against incidental power surge – keeps your appliance safe.
Best Air Fryer Recipes – Easy Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
7 Benefits of Air Fryer – This is why you need an Air Fryer
- 80% – 100% Less Oil – Truly Oil-free cooking that aids in your quest to become healthier without resorting to boiled and tasteless food.
- As obvious it may look…oil-free cooking has become a reality with air fryers. Many of us are still reluctant to buy it because we keep on thinking that it just a fancy kitchen appliance that would occupy unneccesary space in your kitchen.
- It couldn’t be more inaccurate and factless saying. It would only take one purchase of an air fryer and you’ll change your beliefs.
- Air fryer uses hot air to cook the food and its your choice to coat or spray the food with oil. Rapid hot air technique makes the air hot enough to cook it without the need of oil.
- But it’s not true for all recipes hence you might need to spray or lightly coat the food with oil if you want that golden look on your food.
- But that shouldn’t discourage you from buying an air fryer.
- Imagine this for second if you already have high-cholesterol related issues. How would you feel if 80% of your cholesterol levels were to decrease because you didn’t binge on oily foods just for the sake of taste.
- That’s the kind of direct impact an air fryer makes on your health. So, wouldn’t it be better to give it a try before tech-bashing it for no good reason?!
- Less cooking time – Air Fryer vs Convection Oven – Air Fryer wins the cooking time round.
- Due to the size of an air fryer…it is easier to cook food in a confined space than it is in convection oven.
- For the same wattage of both appliances, air fryer cooks food much quicker than convection oven.
- In addition to cooking time, a convection also leave hot spots on the dish, especially dishes that need overall cooking like a whole chicken or fish, etc.
- This doesn’t happen in air fryers. The food is cooked evenly because the hot air circulates around the whole unit rapidly.
- Easy to Clean Up the basket/cooking pan than conventional kadhai.
- One of the most frustrating part of cooking oily food is the cleanup that you need to do afterwards.
- The oil would get burnt and stuck around the sides of kadhai or frying pan and it would take nearly 15 to 20 minutes to get your utensil shiny like before.
- Since, air fryer doesn’t use oil in some recipes and very little in others, their is no chance of burnt oil.
- The layer formed due to hot oil mist can be quickly cleaned by dipping the cooking pan and food basket in lukewarm water with liquid detergent (my personal preference is Vim liquid).
- Afterwards scrape it with a plastic scrub because the pan has non-stick coating and using steel scrub will damage it.
- Hassle free operation of air fryer – Only two dials – No matter which air fryer you choose (except the digital ones).
- Just like your mixer grinder is quite possibly the simplest kitchen appliance to use, air fryers don’t have fancy buttons (like ovens).
- Most air fryers in India have only two dials. One for timer setting and other for temperature setting.
- Digital air fryer, which cost a lot more than our list of best air fryers in India, have more buttons to deal with.
- So, in simple terms, it’s very easy to get started with an air fryer even if you are a complete beginner.
- Space saver and modern looking kitchen.
- If you truly want to completely modernize your home then adding an air fryer would be a must have.
- Air fryers look like a gadget of future that delivers crispy and oil-free snacks very quickly.
- So…give your kitchen a touch of healthy vibe.
- Crispier recipes – Quickly heating up the food makes it crispier than slow cooking.
- Have you ever wondered why your french fries don’t look the way they do at McDonald’s?
- You might be messing up the cook time. You see, the crust of the potato needs to be shocked in order to make it crispy. So, the oil must be super before you put the fries in it.
- That’s why several crispy french fries recipes recommend flash frying (dual-frying) your fries to make them crispier.
- With air fryer…it’s a whole lot easier because the unit gets hot really quickly. So, the crust starts getting crispy without the need of flash frying. You should definitely try cooking french fries in air fryer before any other dish.
- Long durability time
- Buying air fryer is an investment. Like you do with refrigerator, gas stove, washing machine, mixer-grinder, etc.
- They are long lasting and don’t need high maintenance like your car or bike does.
- In addition to being durable, they actually grant you an opportunity to take better care of your health. Whether you take that opportunity and make something from it…is completely up to you!
Frequently Asked Question – Best Air Fryers in India 2020
1. Which company Air Fryer is the best?
Ans: Currently, Philips Viva HD9220 is the best air fryer in the market. It's on the pricier side but it's the most robust one too. The customer care service of Philips is better than others as well, that's why despite being costly, consumers are crazy about it.
You also have following options available:
- Kenstar Aster
- American Micronic
- Prestige PAF 4.0
- Inalsa Fry Light
All of the above mentioned air fryers have been included in our review.
2. Is Air Fryer good for Indian Cooking?
Ans: Air fryers are mainly used to cook oily food without the oil. You can fry almost everything in an Air Fryer like pakoda, french fries, aloo tikkis, etc. But papads are big 'no'.
They get burnt quite easily. I can only recommend you an air fryer for making tikkis and fries & few other non-veg dishes.
3. Can air fryers cause cancer?
Ans: Air fryers causing 'cancer' is a myth. As a matter of fact, air frying your food reduces the amount of oil that would go into your body if you 'deep fried' that food.
Several studies have found that due to increase acrylamide content in our fried foods, we risk of kidney, endometrial and ovarian cancers.
4. What are the disadvantages of air fryer?
- Cooking times are longer than deep fryer or even convection oven. Not because of cooking speed, but the amount of food that you can cook in one go.
- Stuffing - Putting too much food in hurry could be potential dangerous.
- Not all foods are air fryer friendly. I tried to air fry 'papad' and it got burnt.
- Low capacity - air fryer is good for small family, but not suitable for 4+ people as it has limited volume of cooking basket.
- Huge size - Given that some OTG Ovens are fairly small in size, air fryer seems too big for what it can be used for.
- Expensive - A good quality air fryer will cost you around Rs.8500+/-, which is same as an OTG.
- Niche product - Air fryer still seems like a luxury kitchen item rather than 'must have'.
5. Can you air fry without oil?
Ans: Air frying without oil is definitely possible but in that case, the food will get cooked within the moisture of food itself.
It will not have the slight brownish texture that oil gives and it will also feel dry. Rather than skipping oil completely, you can spray a bit or glaze the food with oil.
Not only it will look delicious, but also become crispier.
6. Is Airfryer better than oven?
Ans: Air fryer is often called as 'small convection oven'. They both rely on the same 'hot air cooking' principle.
They have fan to circulate the air and cook food while using very little to no oil.
Air fryer is for frying small quantity of items and convection oven is for preparing fried food for entire family.
Air fryers also have limited circulation area, thereby cooking faster than convection oven.
7. Do air fryers make food crispy?
Ans: Yes, air fryers make wonderful crispy dishes like french fries, tikkis, chips, etc. without using too much oil. They work just like a convection oven, thus, you can bake some of your favorite dishes while using little to no oil.
8. What are the pros and cons of a air fryer?
Ans: Here are some of the pros and cons of an air fryer:
Pros of Air Fryer:
- Uses very little oil.
- Food cooks quicker than convection oven.
- Perfect for baking small quantity of food.
- Doesn't have any harmful long term effects on the body.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
Cons of Air Fryer:
- Bulk cooking is slow.
- Food stuffing may cause device to malfunction.
- Not suitable for parties and family functions.
- Expensive than OTG oven.
- Niche product - It's not multi-functionional as advertised.
9. What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
Ans: Here're the 10 crispy foods to cook in air fryer:
- Onion pakoda
- French fries
- Potato chips
- Banana chips
- Masala Peanuts / Grams
- Masala dry fruits
- Dal Bati/Wafle
- Salted Mathri (Maida/Besan Snacks)
- Cheese Balls
- Onion rings
10. Can you put aluminum foil in the air fryer?
Ans: Yes, you can put aluminium foil in the air fryer but it is not recommended. Air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food that comes in direct contact with the outer layer of food.
If you cover it, the food will cook slowly and it will not be as crispy as you'd like it to be.
11. Can you fry eggs in an air fryer?
Ans: There is more time required in frying eggs in an air fryer than on gas stove or microwave, but you can definitely do it.
You will have pull out the tray now and again, to make sure the eggs are cooking evenly.
It will take nearly 7 to 8 minutes for eggs to fry.
12. Can you put frozen meat in air fryer?
Ans: If you only want to defrost or soften the meat a little, then it's ok. But if you are planning to cook the meat from its frozen state to well cooked dish, then it's probably not a good idea.
It will take nearly twice as long than gas stove or induction cooktop.
13. Can you put frozen wings in a air fryer?
Ans: Just like frozen potato chips, you can cook crispy wings from their frozen state. It will take 5 to 6 minutes longer but the results are amazing. It takes very little oil and it would be best to apply it 3 to 4 minutes after the initial cooking period when the frost has gone and the wings are slightly cooked.
You can glaze the wings via brush or oil sprayer.
14. Air Fryer Cleaning & Maintenance
Ans: Air fryers are very easy to clean. Here's how to do it:
- Make sure the air fryer is not connected to socket.
- Take out the cooking basket.
- Use a dish washing soap or liquid with warm water to clean the basket and utensils used while cooking.
- Do not use steel scrub because the inside of the basket is coated with non-stick material.
- Use a damp cloth to clean rest of the inside.
- Clean the cloth and use it to clean the outside of air fryer.
- Dry off the utensils completely before placing them back in the air fryer.
15. Can you put a glass bowl in an air fryer?
Ans: Yes, you can put and cook food directly in a glass bowl. However, the glass bowl must be air fryer or oven safe.
As with any glass material, it cracks under heat. If the glass bowl is oven safe, then it is most likely air fryer safe as well.
16. Do you have to clean air fryer after every use?
It's not a matter of 'have to' rather 'should' because we are dealing with hygiene related to cooking food.
If you don't clean the air fryer after cooking then the food stuck inside the air fryer walls will catch bacteria and will latch onto new food that you will be cooking next.
Air fryer cleaning takes only 5 to 10 minutes and it's super simple.
17. Is Air Fryer safer than microwave?
Microwave oven has caught a bad fame regarding 'cancer' when it comes to cooking food.
Rest assured that microwaving your food isn't going to cause you cancer. We take more risk by operating our mobiles every single minutes than eating microwaved food.
Similarly, air fryer works on the principle of simply circulating hot air around the food to cook it. There is no reason for concern regarding cancer or any other disease when operating these cooking devices.
18. Do air fryers emit radiation?
No. Air fryers do not emit radiation because they don't work on microwaves. A heating element warms up using electricity and a fan circulates that warmth around the air fryer.
Usually, air fryers are of the range 1400 watt to 2000 watt, meaning the heating element gets really hot and as a result, the circulating air is hot enough to cook crispy dishes.
19. Are air fried french fries healthy?
Ans: Air fried french fries use nearly 80% less oil than deep fried. The become much healthier just because of air frying.
However, you do feel the difference in crispiness as well as taste. I can only recommend you air frying your french fries if you don't mind that slight deviation of taste.
20. Why should I buy an air fryer?
Ans: Here are some of the reasons, how buying an air fryer can make a significant difference:
- Perfect for couple cooking.
- Quicker than convection oven (though for small portions).
- Cook with 80% less oil.
- Bake cookies, chips, pakodas, etc. without risking your health.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Gives kitchen a modern look.
- Super easy operation.
- Highly durable and reliable investment.